Bring the outside in at this 5 bedroom, 8.5 bath, 1.53 acre oasis set with the rolling, tree-strewn hills of Hillsborough. Slide open the many gliding doors throughout the home for full enjoyment of the surrounding natural beauty, tropical plantings invoking the islands and winding California oaks for miles. Driving through the new security gate and up the pristine paved drive, guests arrive into an impressive foyer with a skylight-enhanced, soaring ceiling, spacious mudroom, half bath with curved vessel sink. The prismatic skylights and hand-scraped floors add to the breezy charm that this relaxing home invokes.
Picture yourself cooking in this classic sharp-white chef’s kitchen which offers a stellar culinary experience within its open lengths. From the two, double-wide refrigerators to the three sinks under-mounted within the Calcutta marble quartz countertops, this sparkling new kitchen boasts endless cabinetry, as well as a walk-in pantry and two broad islands with counter seating.
An enormous open living area just beyond the kitchen encompasses the formal dining and living rooms where walls of glass and slider doors create an optimal indoor/outdoor flow. The living room’s central wood-burning fireplace marks a classic hearth for after-dinner drinks or relax with herbal tea on the back patio under a wisteria-laden pergola overlooking the hillside. The center tiled patio, where a fountain burbles and Japanese banana plants and trumpet flowers grow, transitions effortlessly into the natural-light filled family room.
Past custom bookshelves to display your heart’s desires, the Master Suite’s luxurious closets and bathroom await. Additional bedrooms near the Master enjoy the property’s stellar views and renovated bathrooms with sleek modern fixtures. An au pair unit with separate entry in the East Wing has a walk-in closet, full bath, adjoining child bed/bath and a deck that faces sweeping views of the Bay.
Indulge in the natural setting by swimming laps in the 18’ x 45’ long heated pool with automatic cover or by soaking in the authentic lava rock hot tub. There’s no need to trek through the house while wet as his and hers bathrooms/changing rooms accommodate your every need. The peace continues with a stroll through the nearby olive grove or a reprieve on a cozy tiled patio.
Feel miles away at this Shangri-la, though you’re actually in the heart of the Bay Area’s Mid-Peninsula. Minutes away, Mills Canyon Park’s many trails satisfy the outdoor enthusiast or bike the beauty of Crystal Springs Reservoir without cars on Sundays. Downtown Burlingame, just down the hill, invites shopping at boutiques and bookstores while diners eat and visit at the many open-air restaurants along Burlingame Ave. Hillsborough’s excellent schools make this a coveted zip code, and the commuting options along I-280 or via Caltrain are a breeze.
This 6,746 square foot estate includes 5 spacious bedrooms, 8.5 bathrooms on 1.53 acres and features:
- Extensive grounds include 2-story home, pool and pool house, olive grove and lengthy newly-paved drive.
- On a hill surrounded by natural vistas, the property’s oak trees and tropical-inspired foliage add to the beauty.
- Luxury details throughout the home include high-end prismatic skylights, hand-scraped-styled floors and 9’ - 13’ ceilings.
- Gliding doors throughout the home allow for an ideal indoor/outdoor flow.
- Living room with high ceiling and wood-burning fireplace is replete with natural light from walls of windows and glider doors to the back and side patios.
- Topped by a crystal chandelier, the formal dining room bathes in light from a sun-filled atrium.
- Back deck under wisteria-laden pergola perfect for casual relaxing.
- Completely remodeled bright white kitchen stuns with two expansive marble islands, two double-wide fridges, 3 sinks, and a Thor Kitchen 48” range.
- Prodigious amount of kitchen storage within the custom soft-close cabinetry, the walk-in pantry and the adjoining marble desk area with built-in shelving.
- Open the sliding doors on either side of the family room to create a breezy sanctuary where you can sit and admire the home’s central patio, surrounding greenery and fountain.
- Master Suite with his and hers walk-in organized closets overlooks oak views on one side and opens to the front drive on the other.
- Master Bath’s double marble vanities and sunken jacuzzi create a luxurious calm, as does the marble rain shower and separate frosted glass toilet alcove.
- Downstairs bedroom is a haven away from the bustle with its own closets and bath, perfect for adult children.
- Au pair unit with walk-in closet and gleaming new bathroom has access to side deck as well as a private entrance; adjoining bed/bath perfect for small child.
- 18’ x 45’ pool with automatic cover, authentic lava rock hot tub and his and hers bathrooms/changing rooms.
- Paths through an idyllic olive grove converge at a tiled patio above the pool area.
- Two-car garage adjoined by renovated bathroom with rain shower and abundant storage.
- Within minutes of Mills Canyon Park’s many trails, the tasteful environs of Burlingame Country Club and the vast open space of Crystal Springs Reservoir.
- Just down the hill savor a repast from one of downtown Burlingame’s dining delights such as Pizzeria Delfina, Mingalaba and Urban Bistro, or enjoy a day of shopping at Apple, Pottery Barn and Paper Source.
- Easy access to I-280 commuting or Caltrain.
©2019 Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage. All Rights Reserved. Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage fully supports the principles of the Fair Housing Act and the Equal Opportunity Act. Owned by a subsidiary of NRT LLC. Coldwell Banker, the Coldwell Banker logo, Coldwell Banker Global Luxury and the Coldwell Banker Global Luxury logo are registered service marks owned by Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC. CalRE #01908304